Friday 27 December 2013

Essay


Time flies. Finally it has come to an end. I am survived from RUS104! From the beginning of this semester, I always heard from seniors saying that studio projects are tough yet enjoyable. I was wondering, “tough, but still enjoy?” 

When I first received the Project 1, I was shocked. We were required to draw our self-portrait and design a personal logo. I started feeling stress. I kept asking, “why do we (students from non-desgin) need to draw and colour?” I got no idea at all. But when time passing by, I see improvement in myself. Now, I know some drawing and colouring skills, like hatching, colour tones, lighting etc. I can produce a drawing by using these skills now. Perhaps by joining RUS104, it is the fastest way to learn drawing and colouring.

There are so much of ups and downs throughout the projects. I experienced a real HBP life - Hantu Balik Pagi during the project works. I stayed up late in the studio with group mates in order to complete the drawings and model during the Project 6, and that period of time were really really challenging me. I never stayed awake until 4 o’clock in the morning for consecutive days, perhaps more than a week. That project was really a challenge to me, but it transformed me into a tougher girl - one that can take up challenges and difficulties. 

Though there a lot of tough projects, I still enjoyed the last two projects the most. I got to know my course mates more and get closer to them. . All works make Jack a dull boy. I'm so happy that my course mates are those who can work hard and at the same time play hard as well. They brighten up my first semester and hopefully the coming semesters also. I am looking forward to creating a memorable university life with my course mates. 

To put it into a nutshell, I have learnt a lot from RUS104 integrated studio. There are so much of precious memories from this studio. I also experienced what Dr.Mazran said from the very first lecture - from nothing to something. Thanks Dr.Mastura and Dr.Rashid for their guidance, and also Miss Amelia for her advice. Thank you all the studio masters that have given courages and inspiration to me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment